Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Flip Flops



Sandals

It's a given that most or all swimmers have a pair of sandals. There's something about sandals and swimming that shoes are just discriminated against for no reason. There must be a deeper truth besides the fact that shoes are harder to slip on and off your feet, are not water friendly, and just plain out looks    
goofy on a half naked swimmer.

In fact, most swimmers can agree that they love sandals. An undisclosed source (Hilary) told me the other day that she loves sandals! BUT WHY?

What I found even more interesting was that at the last swim meet, my dearest friend, Sara Emami the Persian Princess, was yelled at and was told not to waste her legs to talk to me (she wasn't even wearing sandals)!

There's a clear connection between sandals, swimming, and the fact that swimmers just want to show the world their feet. Perhaps, the act of showing your feet displays how well of a swimmer you are. The world will never know.

What the world will know is how my friend and I took sandals into consideration for our training. For now on, my friend and I decided to swim with sandals and then our shoes. Our logic, swimming with our shoes would create more drag under water, thus making us swim faster without them. Sounds ridiculous at first, but what was even more logical was the fact that we swam fully dressed. With all this drag, our swimming abilities would increase ten fold  and when in our matching speedos, Hilary would be no match.

I really don't know where this blog was going.

No comments:

Post a Comment