Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tan Lines

Swimmer Tans

It's safe to say that most swimmers have terrible swim wear tans. There's something about the more you swim, the more likely you'll tan yourself ten shades darker. My friend pointed out how most swimmers share the same tan issues. Usually, the guys with the nasty speedo tan and the girls with the x-marks the spot across their back.




Cut me some slack, please. Looking for swimmer's tan photos on google wasn't the easiest having images like  this EVERYWHERE. 

Point is, look at those tans! 







As we looked more into it, my friend and I realized that most of the world's fastest swimmers have these same kind of tans! Who would you expect to have these tans, ironically, Hilary too!

But why would swimmers put up with these tans?
Isn't it obvious? Their secret is the SUN!

Ah-Ha! Photosynthesis 

My friend and I came to the conclusion that the sun was providing swimmers huge amounts of energy to reach top swimming speeds! In some kind of unimaginable way, swimmers must have adapted to the sun's powerful rays and harnessed the light for energy. It's almost as if they became swimming plants.
Of course, Hilary would never dare to tell us this secret. 

The Solution

For hours a day, my friend and I simulated a regular day's worth of swim practice by sun bathing in the pool. We swam back and forth and the sun's power was immediately felt. As we got darker and started to see our terrible tans left from our shorts we automatically knew we were one step ahead of Hilary.

No comments:

Post a Comment